Pokemon Home Releases Update 2.1.1
The latest Pokemon Home update introduces some new features and fixes, but one much-requested feature is still missing from version 2.1.1.
The Pokemon Company has started rolling out a new update Pokemon Home, bringing the popular mobile app to version 2.1.1. This is a small patch that modifies some features introduced in update 2.1.0 Pokemon Home in early February, though it adds a notable feature based on the app’s interconnectivity with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
The most notable addition since the previous one Pokemon Home update was the ability to view battle rank information from Pokemon Scarlet and Violetas Pokemon Sword and Shield, using the Battle Data feature. However, when it comes to the app’s support for Game Freak’s latest Switch RPGs, most users are still much more interested in being able to transfer creatures from Pokemon Scarlet and Violet to Pokemon Home. This fan-requested feature is expected to arrive in the next major update that Nintendo recently said would be coming in a few weeks.
In the meantime, version 2.1.1 of the Pokemon Home improves the Battle Data section of the app with the ability to view Pokemon Natures from the Ranking screen. According to the patch summary notes, this information appears to be limited to Ranked Battles from Season 4 or later. The recorded values also represent Pokemon whose Natures were changed with a mint, though there’s no way to tell if a recorded Nature was changed by the app, according to the developers.
Another change introduced with the Pokemon Home Update 2.1.1 is about handling the Mystery Gifts app. Specifically, the feature now requires a Nintendo Account login in order to enforce a limit of one of each Mystery Gifts per profile, which was previously only a requirement for the Switch version of the app. Pokemon Home The 2.1.1 patch notes also mention the introduction of unspecified bug fixes aimed at improving the overall user experience.
The 2.1.1 update for Pokemon Home landed on the iOS App Store on March 2. Although the Android version appeared on the same day, a review of country-specific Play Store listings suggests that it is still in the process of a global release as of March 3rd.
While Nintendo recently confirmed that the creature is ported from Pokemon Scarlet and Violet come to Pokemon Home, the company has yet to commit to a more specific release window than “early 2023.” This unclear timing frustrated a vocal part of the POKEMON fandom, mainly because it was only revealed fairly late in “early 2023” as it is, during a Pokemon Presents event on February 27th.
Update 2.1.1 Patch Notes
- Added Online Contests information from Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet to the Battle Data mode.
- If you’ve linked Pokemon HOME to a Nintendo Account with data from Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet, you’ll now be able to view results from Official Contests and Friendly Contests you’ve entered in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet.
- Added the ability to view Pokemon Natures from the Pokemon Ranking screen in Battle Data mode.
- Pokemon Natures can be seen in Ranked Battles from Season 4 onwards.
- If a Pokemon in the list was minted, the mint-awarded nature will appear.
- A Nintendo Account login is now required to use the Mystery Gifts feature.
- Each Mystery Gift can only be claimed once per Nintendo Account.
- Other issues have also been addressed to ensure a user-friendly experience.
MORE: Every Datamined Pokemon Not Yet In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Source: App Store