Rumor: Pokemon Presents Leak May Reveal Scarlet and Violet DLC, New Johto Game, and More
A purported Pokemon Presents leak claims to detail everything that will be featured, including the Scarlet and Violet DLCs and a hint of a new Johto title.
Ahead of Pokemon Presents on February 27th, a new leak claims that fans will get information about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Cafe, Pokemon Unite, Pokemon GO, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC, and perhaps most surprisingly, a tease for the next “experimental” title, supposedly a game set in Johto.
It should be noted that the origin of this leak is 4chan. Nothing from there should be taken lightly and everything should be taken with an extra grain of salt. However, it’s worth noting that some accurate rumors and leaks have come from there in the past, even for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. One of its pre-release trailers was leaked there in very accurate detail, so stranger things have happened.
GAMERANT VIDEO OF THE DAY
RELATED: Pokemon Fan Makes Paradox Form for Charizard
This leak covers a lot of content, but of course, the two most exciting things are the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC “Holiday Tour” Pass and the Pokemon Electrum work. The former names the rumored Paradox Suicune and Paradox Virizion as Storm Chaser and Iron Sickle. It gives some hints about the DLC’s themes and locations, while also calling out the third Pokemon Scarlet and Violet legendary Teraskalpa. Pokemon Electrum is apparently a new concept and experimental game for the franchise, perhaps something similar Pokemon Legends: Arceusand is a 2.5D redesign of Johto.
Pokemon is leaking
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers DX is releasing the demo, which will be released on March 23rd
- Detective Pikachu Returns, a sequel coming this summer with “downloadable episodic cases”
- Pokemon Cafe Remix adds Paldean Starters
- Pokemon Unite takes Zacian
- Pokemon GO will host a Gimighoul Event
- Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow have been added to Nintendo Switch Online.
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet and Pokemon Home Capabilities release next week
- New Pokemon Scarlet and Violet 7-Star Raids: Surfing Pikachu and Hisuian Deciudeye
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC: The Holiday Tour Pass
- Includes two DLCS: The Golden City and The World Awakens. Theme around wishes and adventures. Release dates: June 23 and November 23.
- The DLCs will explore Northeast Paldea “where a land of bounty awaits.”
- Hunt the Mirages, Storm Chaser and Iron Sickle.
- The Third Legendary is called Teraskalpa, the Sublime Pokemon.
- Pokemon Electrum: “New concept and 2.5D reimagining of Johto games. Spring 2024”
While all the details, as seen above, are exciting, there are a few possible hints that this is fake. First of all, it reads a lot like a fan wish list and builds on others Pokemon Scarlet and Violet rumors and leaks, at least to some extent. The inclusion of release dates and release windows is very specific, especially since then Pokemon Sword and ShieldThe DLC reveal wasn’t that specific and Pokemon Electrum it sure sounds like a fan title project. On the other hand, some of the more common mistakes in a fake Pokemon leak, like making names too long, don’t apply here. So, fans should take all of this with a huge grain of salt and wait to see what is officially confirmed.
Fortunately, the wait for confirmation – one way or the other – isn’t long. Pokemon Presents takes place on Monday, February 27th at 6am. PT/8 a.m. CT. Whether this leak is confirmed or proven false, it makes sense Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC will exist to some extent.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are now available for Nintendo Switch.